Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Inspired

I was inspired by Saipan Blogger's post of old photos. I finally managed to get my pictures to a scanner, and made some random choices for this post. It was fun browsing through the old pictures - a real trip down memory lane. I hope you enjoy my choices for this post. Feel free to share in the inspiration and post your own old photos. It's fun. The picture below is Josh when he was about 13 or 14 years old, with Jax our all time favorite family dog. May he run and play in doggy heaven. We miss him.
In this photo, my sister is visiting from the states (1997, I think). We took her to a dinner put on for us by some Bangladeshi friends. The guys cooked for us and made this awesome buffet. This picture was taken sometime in 1995, I think. Yes, you see the twin towers in the background. Life has changed so much since then. This is how our family looked just before leaving the states to go live in Saipan, May 1996. Yes, Harry still has all that thick black hair, but shaves it off so it doesn't blow in the Saipan wind or get messed up while diving. This is us in front of Bird Island about 2 1/2 years later.
Back in time a bit further, this a birthday party my Mom put together for Josh. I think he was 7 or 8 years old in this photo, so Sarah was 4 or 5 years old. My Mom died 4 years after this photo was taken. I still miss her very much. Ok, this is Harry and I in our surfing days. Bet you didn't know we were once buff surfers. This photo was taken in the Florida Keys, probably in 1994. I hope this post made you smile. Come on fellow bloggers, let's see some of those old pictures. You've been tagged.

2 comments:

Regis said...

I love that pic of Josh with Jax. Very cute.

One of the others that I like the best is him with his arm around the neighbors goat ;) Always attracting animals....

Anonymous said...

The May 1996 picture brought back memories! Your first day on island is one island is one I`ll never forget! Miss you guys!!