Thursday, August 21, 2008

Early Morning

I was awakened this morning at 4:00 a.m. by another power outage. The dog started whining when the power went out. I think she gets nervous about that for some reason. I let her in our room and tried to go back to sleep. But once you're awake at that hour, it's hard to fall back asleep. I finally drifted into a good deep sleep about 6:00 a.m., but had to get up at 6:30 a.m., so when Sarah woke me up this morning, I felt completely out of it. Harry was supposed to call to wake me up since the alarm wouldn't work with the power off, but he was busy running fuel up to Tapochao for the station generators. So I'm tired at work today - again. The power is off at work, too. Yep, still off at 10:00 in the morning. We're running on generator. I decided to take a break and write this post. Maybe this way I won't think about how tired I am all day. Ha.

The constant power outages don't seem to bother these two. They just snuggle up together and nap all day. Here's Belle. She thought she should check out the wine rack. I guess she is pretending she's a white zinfandel today. She is truly a sweetheart cat. She hugs you when she's picked up, purrs, sits on your lap, shows affection. Yes, the cat girls make us smile pretty much every day.

No comments: