Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Worker drone

When I opened my computer at work today, my cool screen display and screen saver were all gone. It was replaced with a company campaign logo. They did this to everyone's computer today. I tried to fix it, but it is blocked so I can't change it back. Now, don't get me wrong, it's not like I don't want to be a team player, or that I don't like the logo - it's a great idea. It made me feel bad for some reason. I thought about it while I was at the dentist's office this morning. I determined that it bothers me because it takes away my personality to some extend. It's like I'm not a contributing individual, but instead just a copy-cat drone worker. I realize it's just a cultural difference, as far as work, being an employee, etc. It was a sad setback, none the less. But I guess it's not forever. And I did have a really good check-up at the dentist office, so yay! Since I can't have the nice picture on my computer, I thought I'd post it in my blog instead. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Life Is Good By Laura said...

That picture that was on your computer is awesome!