Saturday, November 10, 2007

Home

At the beginning of our trip to Texas, we bought ourselves a bouquet of fall flowers. This is a picture of them two weeks later - still looking great. We truly enjoyed waking up to our colorful flowers every day.
Now that I'm home, I'm enjoying the rainy Saturday. It's such a quiet, peaceful sound. Very soothing. I had a good girl cry this morning, over nothing and over everything (yep, that is scary to guys, I know), but walking out into the kitchen and listening to the rain, and praying brought comfort. I'm thankful for God's presence and comfort - when I cry my heart out, and when I laugh out loud, and when I'm dancing or working or just being a wife and mom. I treasure all of the moments given to me, and reflecting on them sometimes brings tears, and sometimes makes me smile. But I'm just plain thankful - I guess is what I'm trying to say, without much success. So I'm looking forward to the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday, as it is custom in our house to share our blessings with each other during or after the meal. It's always a great time for me - I love hearing how God has blessed other lives during the year and hearing all the things they are thankful for.
Guess I'm rambling a bit today, trying to collect and process a few things. So I'll just post some more pictures from the trip. Again, I'm very thankful for the trip. I got to spend time with my son and daughter-in-law, my daughter, my grandmother and uncle, and my Dad who drove down to the Detroit airport to catch an hour of visiting time with me.
Thanks family - it was great.

Josh and Sarah on weird face Phase 10 nights.
Sarah and Kelli enjoying soup in a bread bowl.
Josh and Regis having lunch at McAlister's.
Kelli coloring in Kate's coloring book at the lake house.

Brief visit with Dad at the Detroit airport. Flying over Russia.

No comments: