Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Thanksgiving

I truly enjoy Thanksgiving. In fact, it might be my favorite American holiday. The part I like best is after we've all eaten a delicious turkey dinner, we go around the entire table and each person shares the things they are thankful for from the past year. It was touching this year, as some of us had some pretty rough days this past year. But we were able to give God thanks for seeing us through much pain, and helping us start over again. Some were thankful for new "friends", meaning new friends of the opposite sex. Ha. Some were thankful for good health. So when we came to Bryan, he said well, I'd say I was thankful for my "friend", but she isn't here, and I'd be thankful for good health, but I'm sick as a dog today. So by the time he was done telling all the things he could be thankful for, we were laughing pretty hard.
As always, I'm most thankful for my family. Harry, Josh and Sarah are the blessing and calling of my life. And they each bless my life in their own way, by just being who they are. And this year I was blessed to be able to take a trip to Texas to see my grandmother, my uncle and Josh and Regis. I also got to meet Regis's family. And I got to meet my Dad for an hour in the Detroit airport. I'm so thankful for the moments God gives me, and for all the joy He brings into my life. Even living on an island in dire economic conditions, there is beauty and joy and friends around. I'm very thankful for that.
Thanks to my Saipan family for once again sharing Thanksgiving with the Blalocks. Oh and Sarah, awesome cranberries this year!
Check out Harry's blog for more pictures from Thanksgiving.

No comments: