Thursday, November 1, 2007

Texas Trip

I am enjoying my vacation in Texas very much. I flew over to meet up with my grandmother, as I haven't seen her for many years. It was just so good to finally see her again. We talked about a lot of family history, and shared some recent events in our lives also. She was able to update me on many family members that I have not seen for years. In this picture, we are at Riverwalk in San Antonio, Texas. It was much easier for my uncle Jerry and Nani (my grandmother) to ride down the river to see everything, rather than walking the very long distance around the river. I'm here sitting next to Jerry, with Nani across from us. Nani and Jerry stayed for a day at Josh's house, and we all stayed up late talking and laughing together. It was very nice for me. That was my first day in Texas. After that, Josh, Regis, Sarah and I hung around together and visited a number of places.
Here's Josh, Regis and me at Riverwalk. We were just on our way down the path to check out the shops.



Some Riverwalk scenery.

Here's the girls. Regis (daughter-in-law, sister-in-law, and granddaughter in law), Sarah (daughter, sister-in-law, great-granddaughter), Nani (grandmother, great-grandmother), Kelli (mother-in-law, mother, granddaughter). We bought ourselves a bouquet of fall flowers.




New haircuts for the girls.


Crab at RED LOBSTER for Kelli.
I'll post more pictures of the trip later. I wanted to take pictures of Whole Foods in Austin, but they wouldn't let me. It was beyond belief, especially to those of us who have lived on Saipan for very long. Yes, I'm eating plenty of fresh fruit and veggies. YUM.

2 comments:

Harry Blalock said...

Hi Kel, I like the new haircut, it looks good on you! Thanks for putting the pictures up, it's much easier to feel like I'm there with you that way.

Bev said...

Love your new hair cut!=) Hurry up and come home!!!!