Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Fun Weekend

In my last post, I wrote about my afternoon at Marianas Resort on Saturday. On Sunday, Harry and I headed out for our morning dive at Lau Lau. It was such a fun dive for me. My camera was working great, and I got a few nice photos. I even got one good macro shot. As we were heading back in, we saw the fish ball not too far from the rope. Immediately, I was transported back to Bali, where I swam with the giant fish ball every day. This one has smaller fish than the one in Bali, but it had a few really big fish chasing it around.
I actually caught the big ones on my camera! I was so excited. They moved at light speed, so I figured it was just luck if I clicked and they were in my frame. Yay for me!Here I am, clicking away, trying not to grin and make my mask leak. Below I'm just swimming along at Lau Lau, just over the pipeline. It's just so beautiful down there. I find more things to see and enjoy each time we go.
I really enjoy seeing these little guys just playing in the anemone or the little swarms eating around the coral. As we were swimming along, Harry stopped me to show me this guy. It's a scorpion fish. I let him take the photo. I never would have seen him on my own. He just mixed in with everything around him.
This was my one attempt at a macro shot on this dive. I was pretty happy with it, but it's not as clear as it could be. I should have gotten a little closer I think.
Here's Harry - looking for his next photo op.
I had to take pictures of these guys. I have a matching swimsuit! Here is one of my most common views - and one of my favorites! Love this guy.
Well, as amazing as this was, it wasn't even my whole day of fun. That afternoon we went to Mark and Tammy's for a really nice poolside BBQ. I'll do a post on that tomorrow.

2 comments:

Tamara said...

awesome photos!

Tamara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.