Monday, May 5, 2008

I DOVE THE GROTTO!!!











Saturday morning, I dove the Grotto for my very first time! I've been working hard at Curves to strengthen my legs, getting ready for the steep climb down with my tank and gear. When I finally felt my legs were ready, Harry said good, because another couple (Doug and Fumiko) was coming over from Japan and they wanted us to dive the Grotto with them. We also had another person join us, Michael, who has been on island for 2 weeks now. It was Fumiko and Michael's first Grotto dive, too. The climb down and up was not as bad as I thought it would be, although I'll admit my legs are still sore today (two days later). When I got to the top of the Grotto, took off my gear, helped Harry get the gear stored, I stopped in the middle of the parking lot and did the GROTTO dance. Yep. I did a little song and dance - "I dove the Grotto, I dove the Grotto." Ok, yes, it was a big accomplishment for me. I'm still smiling. I think Harry is proud of me, too.

2 comments:

Harry Blalock said...

I'm extremely proud of you, I know it was no small feat for you to carry that tank down and back up the stairs at the Grotto. But I did tell you it would be worth it, didn't I.

Regis said...

How fun! What beautiful pics! Go hot mamma!