Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Day - part one

As Christmas day approached, I admit I was feeling a little sad as I wasn't going to spend Christmas with my kids. I usually have at least one of them with me on Christmas. Not this year. But as is often the case in our lives, God has a cool plan for us, no matter how odd the circumstances. Life is definitely an adventure. In the next two posts, I'm going to share with you my 'Christmas Day on a tropical island' life adventure. I hope you enjoy it. I guess the picture below tells a big part of the story already. Yep, we did two boat dives on Christmas Day! In the picture below is Harry, Jeong Ah, and Brad D. The sun was shining and the water was a gorgeous blue. Here's Kathy checking out the horizon, with Managaha in the distance. Meet the divers of Christmas Day. Brad D. Brad and Jeong Ah. Brad D. checking out some of the wreckage. Closeup of Brad and Jeong Ah. Angelo.Kathy and Brad, checking under the wreckage. This dive was Kathy's idea, as her Christmas gift to Brad. I was so thankful we were included in the plan. Brad R.Dave.Harry. The wreck has some beautiful coral growing on it. The little black and white fish live in the coral. I like watching these long tube fish. I don't know their names. This guy kept swimming around me, but would run off when I raised my camera. This time, I finally got a good shot of him. This guy was actually quite huge. He was also camera shy. This was a spectacular dive, great visibility. We all enjoyed it very much. I'll post the other dive next. They actually happened in reverse. Ice Cream dive was first, then the shipwreck. But you know what they say about saving the best for last . . .

No comments: