Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Good News


Good News! Laura's dog "Pickles" is pregnant. Yep, she is having two puppies. That will just be too fun, I'm sure. Sadly, Laura has also reported that Pickles returned from the groomer with a very bad hair cut. So it doesn't just happen to people. The picture is a good hair day.
And in other good news, my sister has finally finished all of the many many hoops to jump through to become a TSA officer. She took an entrance exam, then had to have an eye and ear exam, then had to take training for a week in Philadelphia, then had to train and test again in Detroit. And that is the short version of the story. Yep, you have to want to pursue this job badly in order to actually achieve being an officer. She sent me a picture, but claims it is not the best, so rather than risk her wanting to whack me in the head, I'll just not post her picture. I personally feel she looks great in the picture, and I'm very proud of her for finishing all of this.
Well, Sarah and I managed to stop in to a store last night to buy our fabric for our quilting project. Just before we were ready to get our fabric measured and cut, the power went out. So in the pitch black, one of the clerks brought a flashlight and held it while another measured and cut the fabric. Just as we were getting ready to pay, the power came back on. When we got in the car, I told Sarah what fabric shopping in the states was like - you know, at a place like Jo Ann Fabrics, where there are endless choices for $1 or $2 a yard. And I've never been in there when the power went out. But I guess that's one of the things that makes our life interesting out here. So, we decided it would be about the same price to order a kit online. We might do that next time. But for now, we'll see how our first project goes.
Monday through Friday mornings, I send out an email to those on the verse list, with a bible verse for the day. It serves as an encouragement for starting each day of the work week. I figured it was better than any other form of verbal encouragement I could muster on my own. Anyway, today's verses were uplifting and challenging at the same time. I thought I'd post those to end today's blog. Colossians 3: 12, 13 Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering; bearing with one another, and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do.

1 comment:

Bev said...

Love that verse. Definitely virtues to strive for.