Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Thunder






I was watching the lightening storm last night after dinner. It was just spectacular! I just curled up in my nightshirt and sat out on the patio and watched and listened to the loud, vibrating thunder. It's hard not to be WOWed by God while watching and listening to His fabulous display. Emma was just giddy with joy running around in the rain, trying to figure out a way to snap at the "fireworks". You just have to wonder about a dog that jumps after fireworks and lightening, but runs from your house guests. Sheesh. Anyway, I just had to smile at the wonder of it all. I also enjoyed the fresh smell of the rain and the coolness of the air. In the states, fall is coming, so my friend wrote me about the temperatures dropping in the evening, the days of cool air approaching. I was slightly envious. I remember being in LA with Harry while he was getting one of his surgeries. We went walking everywhere for long distances and just truly enjoyed it because the air was always cool and refreshing. We actually walked so long that my feet and legs hurt. It was so nice. So last night I just sat on the patio, breathed deeply cool refreshing air, and enjoyed the wonder of the lightening and thunder. Great stuff! The pictures are from the NOAA Photo Library. I was so caught up in the storm, that I didn't think to take my own pictures.

Job 37: 2, 4, 5
Hear attentively the thunder of His voice, And the rumbling that comes from His mouth.
After it a voice roars; He thunders with His majestic voice, And He does not restrain them when His voice is heard.
God thunders marvelously with His voice; He does great things which we cannot comprehend.

Psalm 29: 3
The voice of the Lord is over the waters; The God of glory thunders; The Lord is over many waters.


1 comment:

Ken & Crystal Pierson said...

We watched part of the lightening show too! It was amazing. It's so rare to see lightening on Saipan! Nice write up and Bible texts!
~Crystal and Ken Pierson